RX-78-2 Gundam Ver.O.Y.W 0079 Animetion Color (MG)
UPLOAD YOUR PHOTOS HERE
Molded in the colors used in the classic "Mobile Suit Gundam" anime series, this version is identical to the MG RX-78-2 Gundam kit from 2005 except for the color and decal sheet for custom markings. This kit features the same incredibly flexible inner frame and sharply detailed armor, and comes armed with its signature weaponry including the beam rifle, hyper bazooka, Gundam hammer, two beam sabers, and shield. An unpainted in-scale pilot figure of Amuro Ray (molded in white) is included.
The RX-78-2 Gundam(aka Gundam) is the titular mobile suit of Mobile Suit Gundam. Part of the RX-78 Gundam series, It was built in secret on Side 7, the Gundam would turn the tide of war in favor of the Earth Federation during the One Year War. The unit was primarily piloted by Amuro Ray.
The Gundam was incredibly advanced for its time. Built from lightweight Luna Titanium, its frame was both lighter than that of Zeon's mass-produced Mobile Suits and much sturdier, able to shrug off a Zaku's machine gun fire with little to no damage. Its offensive power was above and beyond that of the Zeon Zakus. The Gundam would engage in most battles with its Beam Rifle making it the first Mobile Suit to have firepower equivalent to a battleship beam cannon. In addition, it made use of two beam sabers, a blade of extremely hot plasma which could cut through any metal with ease. Those beam sabers could be extended into a spear-like beam javelin, which could be used to stab into an enemy from a longer distance than the blade of the saber would allow.
The Gundam also used more conventional weaponry: it could be launched with a Hyper Bazooka, the Federation's answer to the bazookas used by Zeon's Zakus; in addition, its head was outfitted with a pair of small vulcan cannons, providing it with a last resort weapon as well as a way of attacking light-armored aircraft and vehicles without wasting ammo or energy from its more powerful armaments. It also made use of a very unconventional close-range weapon known as the Gundam Hammer - a large weapon similar to a flail which could be swung at enemies to deal crushing damage.
The Gundam Hammer was eventually upgraded for use in space and outfitted with a number of verniers on the ball, and renamed to be the Hyper Hammer. Lastly, it wielded a large shield which would offer it a defense against enemy attacks that not even its Luna Titanium body could withstand without damage. Gundam pilot Amuro Ray would make use of the shield as a decoy in many battles, taking advantage of its size to fool the enemy into thinking he was charging at them, then attacking the enemy through the shield.
In terms of technology, the Gundam was equipped with a sophisticated Learning Computer which would collect pilot and enemy data during skirmishes and allow the Gundam to operate more effectively. The data from the computer was used by the Federation to improve the controls of the Gundam's mass-produced form, the RGM-79 GM. In addition, it was upgraded by Federation technician Mosque Han shortly before the Battle of A Boa Qu to improve its reaction times, the joints of the Gundam were given a Magnetic Coating, based on the experimental procedure performed on the RX-78-3 "G-3" Gundam and later used Amuro's intended successor unit, the RX-78NT-1 Gundam "Alex".
The Gundam makes use of the Core Block System implemented in the other V Project units. The torso of the Gundam is mostly hollow so that a FF-X7 Core Fighter can dock with it. This allows the pilot to jettison the legs and torso of the Gundam should the Gundam be too heavily damaged and gives the pilot a chance to escape from battle.
Later, during Operation Odessa, the Gundam is given a support unit known as the G-Fighter. The two G-Fighters were designed to take advantage of the Gundam's modular system and diversify the Gundam's role in active combat. These modes ranged from the assault bomber G-Armor to the close combat support tank G-Bull
- 60mm Gatling Cannons "Vulcan Gun"- The Vulcan cannons were 60mm Gatling Guns stored on the sides of the Gundam's head. Having the greatest rate of fire of all the Gundam's weapons these are primarily used to ward off advancing enemies, shoot down missiles, or hit other fast moving targets. They also made good use as an anti-aircraft and anti-personnel weapons. The Vulcan cannons however had a hard time piercing heavy armor (Though they had shown the ability to do severe damage to Mobile Suit's if fired at point-blank range)and thus were not often used against larger, more heavily armored foes. Still the Vulcans were useful in preserving ammunition for the Gundam's more powerful weapons such as the Beam Rifle.
- BAUVA*XBR-M-79-07G (Bauva eXperimental Beam Rifle Medium-range) - A revolutionary weapon for it's time, the Beam Rifle is the primary weapon used by the Gundam. Making use of the Federations E-cap (or "energy capacitor") technology, the rifle uses charged concentrations of Minovsky particles as ammunition. This gives the beam rifle firepower equivalent to that of a battleship's beam cannons. As the Minovsky particles destroy matter on a molecular scale, the beam rifle can penetrate even the thickest armor and destroy its target with a single shot. One weak point of the rifle was its energy limits. The rifle could only be fired 16 times before depleting its energy and becoming useless.
- Beam Saber- The Gundam was the first mobile suit to ever use a beam-oriented weapon in melee combat. The sabers are stored on the backpack, and can transform from saber to the Gundam Javelin, a large pole with a three pronged beam at the end. The beam sabers use Minovsky particles held in place by an I-Field to form an effective cutting surface that can slice through nearly any material. The particles for the beam sabers are stored by E-cap in the hilt of the saber, which is recharged from the Gundam's reactor when the saber is returned to its socket. Once activated, beam sabers do not rely on the mobile suit's reactor and can be thrown or discarded as decoys. The beam saber is most often used for close range combat or as an emergency weapon once all other ammunition has been depleted.
- Gundam Hammer/Hyper Hammer - A rather unusual weapon, the Gundam Hammer was essentially a large spiked ball attached to a chain. It was used to give the Gundam a ranged melee weapon. The Gundam could either throw or swing the Hammer around itself in order to impact and damage its target through the sheer mass of the hammer. Later, it was upgraded into the Hyper Hammer and had several rockets mounted into the ball in order to give it use in space allowing it to maneuver in zero-gravity also the ability to change it's direction before impact, and to increase the damage it could cause.
- BLASH*XHB-L-03/N-STD (Blash eXperimental Hyper Bazooka Long-range) - Similar to the Zaku's Bazooka, the Hyper Bazooka was a heavy weapon used by the Gundam. Technically a large rocket launcher it could fire several 380mm missiles to attack targets at long range. While very powerful the Hyper Bazooka had a slow rate of fire and fairly little of ammunition. Most oftenly used to take out slow, heavily armored targets.
- RX*M-Sh-008/S-01025 (Renpou [Federation] eXperimental Medium Shield) - Hand-carried, forearm-mounted or stored on the Gundam's backpack, the shield is a simple defense used to block most incoming ballistic and explosive projectiles. Also used to great effect in close quarters battle with enemy mobile suits. Has a view port than can be sealed off with an internal blast plate. The shield is also used to deflect heat away from the mobile suit when undergoing atmospheric re-entry.
- Core Block System - The initial idea of the Core Fighter was as a form of escape if the Gundam were to be destroyed, allowing the irreplaceable data collected by the learning computer and the pilot to escape from a replaceable machine. Another idea was that the Core Fighter could be launched into the field as a support fighter, and the A and B blocks could be delivered by another vehicle (the Federation developed a support unit, the Gunperry, for this role) if needed for a mid-air conversion into a mobile suit.
- Learning Computer System - A critical component of the Gundam's success in combat, the Learning Computer System was similar to a modern day black box. It recorded the data from each of the Gundam's battles for further use. However, the system could also actively learn and improve the capabilities of the Gundam, explaining why Amuro had such difficulty fighting two Zaku IIs on his first try but managed to hold off ace pilot Char Aznable at Luna II.
- Re-entry Coolant System - The re-entry system is used for only emergencies when the Gundam is falling to Earth and has no chance of reaching its carrier. The coolant system acts as a large heat-resistant film which lowers the Gundam's temperature when descending to Earth.
The RX-78-2 was the second of three Gundam prototype units constructed on Side 7 in UC 0079, as part of the Earth Federation's V Project. Built to complement the long-range unit Guntank and mid-range support unit Guncannon, the Gundam was designed to be a highly mobile, close range machine with advanced weaponry beyond that used by Zeon's machines.
A raid by Zeon forces on Side 7 in September of UC 0079 resulted in heavy damage to the other two RX-78 units built on the colony. However, thanks to the unexpected interference of V Project head Tem Ray's son Amuro inside the RX-78-2, the Zeon intruders were repelled. Though they had caused significant damage to the colony, the Gundam and its sister units were spared. The three machines acted as the defense force for the Pegasus-class mobile suit carrier White Base and protected the ship in its push to Earth and travels over North America and Asia.
The RX-78-2 would see use in the defense of the Federation's headquarters in Jaburo and the pivotal raids on Zeon's asteroid bases Solomon and A Baoa Qu. In that final battle of the One Year War, the Gundam engaged an unfinished Zeon prototype, the MSN-02 Zeong in battle. The two machines were destroyed in battle within the corridors of the Zeon stronghold. The Gundam's pilot escaped in the Core Fighter after the Zeong's escape-pod head severely damaged Gundam (the Gundam also destoyed the Zeong's head at the same time) the Zeong's pilot Char Aznable, however, was presumed missing in action...
Despite Amuro's Gundam being destroyed, the class itself enjoyed a long service life in the Federation, being made with many variants before being replaced in 0087 by the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II, the Zeta Gundam and the MSZ-010 ΖΖ Gundam.
You may like to read this article too:
Toolkit/Accessories for Modelling
We currently charge shipping fees on 'Per Order' basis. Depending on your location and shipping mode the price will vary, please refer to chart below for details.
All our orders are packed and shipped within 24 hours upon payment confirmation. We use POSLAJU / Air Parcel / TA-Q-BIN / ABX for most of our orders . They are able to ship overnight to most cities and towns in the Peninsular Malaysia, however you should allow 1-3 business days in case any unexpected delays. East Malaysia orders may often take 4 to 5 extra days, so please allow 5 to 7 business days for delivery.
We will provide the POSLAJU / Air Parcel / TA-Q-BIN / ABX tracking number by email once we sent out the goods so that you can check and track the shipment status online.
Note: Please white-list our email address firstname.lastname@example.org in your email account, so when we email the shipping status to you, it won't go into the Junk mail folder.
PACKAGING: We use hard cover boxes for all our delivery to avoid damage on the item, kindly refer to the below picture for our packaging
why buy from us?
1.) When will you send my orders?Normally we will send your orders out the next day after receiving your payment by midnight 12am. Some items will be sent out on the 2nd or 3rd day after receiving your payment. However some items are back order or imported from oversea will take up to 2 weeks.
2.) How can I ensure to receive the item after making payment?Gundam.my is owned by a Malaysia registered company Greenomic Commerce (002099017-W). All transaction is governed and protected by Malaysia business law.
1.) How to purchase products on gundam.my?It is simple and we would love to guide our valued customer how to do it. Click on either gundam grade on the left hand side of the website, and then you will see the pages coming out with all the desired grade product coming out, if you notice carefully, there's an "add" Button on the same page as well, click on the "add".
You will see the gundam boxart image 'flying' to the top right of the shopping cart. Now the shopping cart has filled with products, with a button called 'Checkout', if you wish to continue shopping, just ignore the button, until you're satisfied.
Then finally, click on the 'Checkout' button, it will ask you where you would love us to send your item to. For Peninsula Malaysia, it is MYR 8 and for Sabah / Sarawak, it is MYR 12. After you choosen the courier service, you're invited to filled in the postal information, and your contact data, you can select either payment method.
After pressing on the 'Proceed to Payment', you will be given alot of choice of payment method. Filled in your information, and finally you will receive an order email consists of product ordered summary information on your e-mail account.
More Information on this
Terms And Conditions